Shipping markets, port devolution
and a changing geography of world
Shipping services and ports play a critical role as facilitators of trade. In an environment of changing economic conditions, increasing environmental challenges and pressures on the human element in the shipping and port industry, collaboration, knowledge exchange and new ideas are needed more than ever.
We invite papers with original ideas that analyse, discuss and propose solutions to these exciting new challenges across the globe and particularly in Latin America, looking at key questions such as:
- What are the effects of the current economic conditions on shipping markets?
- What are the responses from ports to face these new challenges?
- Are the current challenges changing the geography of world maritime transport?
- How do institutional and legal frameworks impact on shipping and port development?
- Is the shipping industry prepared to take on the environmental challenges?
- What role do shipping networks and ports play in the competitiveness of countries in a global economy?